20 Dec 2007

Hair care

When I first visited the land of hard water, it did not take me long to realise that everytime I wash my head, I lose a lot of hair. It did not take me long to realise either that it was not snow fall in winter; it was just the dandruff from my hair. So, I tried a few things that almost worked.


Some of things that worked for dandruff were:
1. Applying coconut oil on a Friday night and then washing it off in the morning. Almost no dandruff till Tuesday.
2. Elvive anti-dandruff shampoo. (I got this one as a set of 2 complimentary sachets from the local gym. It lasted for 4 washes, during which I missed the snowfall for 4 days)

However, both these only worsened hairfall. Until recently (my recent is about a month and half old now and there is still hair on my scalp), my wife suggested this:
  • Applying warm coconut oil to the scalp.
  • Combing out the hair.
  • Washing the hair with Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo in lukewarm water first.
  • followed by rinsing it in cold water. (I have not tried this with the ice cold water for fear of the obvious).
The dandruff and the hairfall has reduced significantly. The hair remains dandruff free for almost a week. I will continue this for a few more months and update this blog.

Of course, the above just worked for me and might not be applicable for everyone. Besides, I do not have a quantitative proof of the weight of dandruff or hairfall before and after each of the tries. (As if I would do it for even a 1000 pounds). (Maybe I would for 10000 pounds :P)

No comments: