28 Dec 2007

Starry eyed

Damn it, they have come up with one more of those songs. As if the cold and the chill are not enough. Damn it.

First it was 'Yeh jo des hai tera' from 'Swades' and now, 'Maa' from 'Taare Zameen Par'. Both of them start with a slow pace almost lulling pace. Both of them have great lyrics. And both of them make me want to cry... 'cos both of them make me miss MY home and MY mom and MY family. These songs brew up into the perfect concoction for home-sickness.
Maa/ Mother
Yu toh main batlaata nahi, / I do not ever mention it,
Par Andheray se darta hu main, maa./ But, I m afraid of the dark, mom.
Yu toh main dikhlaata nahi,/ I do not ever show it,
Teri parwaah karta hu main, maa./ But, I care a lot about you, mom.
Tujhe sab hai pataa, hai naa, maa?/ You know everything, mom, don't you?
Tujhe sab hai pataa, meri maa./ You know everything... O my mom.

Bheed mein yu naa chhodo mujhe,/ Don't leave me like this in the crowd,
Ghar laut ke bhi naa aanaa paaoo, maa./ I won't be able to reach home, mom.
Bhej na itna durr mujhko tu,/ Don't send me so far,
Yaad bhi tujhko aanaa paaoo, maa./ That you won't even remember me, mom.
Kya itna bura hu main, maa?/ Am I that bad, mom?
Kya itna bura ... meri maa?/ Am I really that bad... O my mom?

No comments: